A multispecies probiotic formula to meet the special needs of infants.
This high-CFU, hypoallergenic blend of 5 Lactobacillus species and 5 Bifidobacterium species is designed to safely meet the metabolic and intestinal support needs of infants 6 months to 2 years of age, when used under the supervision of a pediatrician. All Lactobacillus species in Ther-Biotic® For Infants produce predominantly L(+)-lactic acid that can be safely metabolized by infants. An infant’s gastrointestinal tract is not fully mature at birth and cannot metabolize the D(-) isomer of lactic acid produced by many lactobacilli. Each species in Ther-Biotic® For Infants has been selected based on the scientific literature documenting its safety and crucial importance to the normal development of an infant’s gastrointestinal and immune systems. Ther-Biotic® For Infants is designed to support a normal infant microbiota that may be affected by cesarean section delivery, formula feeding, antibiotics, or a maternal diet lacking in sufficient fresh fruits and vegetables.
Ther-Biotic® For Infants is available in a powder providing 10+ billion CFUs per 1/4 teaspoon. Ther-Biotic® For Infants powder can be mixed with expressed breast milk, formula, or solid food at room temperature as appropriate.
• L. rhamnosus increases colonic B. breve populations and promotes healthy bifidobacteria diversity in infants. L. rhamnosus is important for the normal maturation of an infant’s immune system.
• L. casei is critical for the proper differentiation of immune dendritic cells as the infant’s immune system learns to distinguish between antigens, xenobiotics, and various microorganisms. It supports intestinal cell secretion of IgA. L. casei contains enzymes that facilitate the breakdown of milk proteins and polypeptides as well as gluten.†
• L. paracasei produces high amounts of L(+)-lactic acid and antagonizes less desirable microbiota.
• L. gasseri is native to the human gut and normally present in human breast milk. It produces hydrogen peroxide and bacteriocins inhibitory less desirable microbiota.
• L. salivarius normally colonizes the intestinal tract, supports calcium absorption, and promotes normal intestinal barrier function.
Specific Bifidobacterium species are normally predominant in an infant’s gut microbiota and constitute 95% of the anaerobic bacteria cultured from the stool of healthy, breast-fed infants. Ther-Biotic® For Infants contains species that are appropriate to an infant’s gastrointestinal tract. Bifidobacteria ferment an array of oligosaccharides including those found in breast milk generating the vital short-chain fatty acids such as butyrate, which are essential to healthy colon maturation and function.
• B. breve may support growth of B cells in Peyer’s patches in the ileum and supports a healthy balance of intestinal microbiota.
• B. infantis is normally found in infants and its presence supports the health of the intestinal wall in premature or low birth weight babies.
• B. lactis supports normal immune function by modulating total, helper, and activated T cells. It modifies gut microbiota to support immune responses, such as IgA.
• B. bifidum modulates total and specific IgE secretion.
• B. longum regulates the immune response to respiratory antigens and modulates neutrophil elastase, which is important to normal innate immune functions.
1/4 teaspoon daily with food.
K-TIF 2.1 oz. (60 grams) powder
For pricing and purchasing information please see:
About Purchasing Klaire Products